We are one of the pillars of the national system of energy production and distribution without which neither the economy nor the modern society could operate. Our contribution to the lives of Poles, however, significantly exceeds the services provided by us. We are a large employer, a significant payer of taxes and charges to the state budget and local budgets as well as the creator of technological innovations. Through the ENEA Foundation and employee volunteerism programs, we undertake initiatives responsible for important social problems. We provide financial support for Polish sport and national culture.
Our contribution to the Polish economy is multi-dimensional:
- we deliver electricity and heat and provide innovative services,
- we employ people,
- we generate jobs in the value chain,
- we pay taxes and charges,
- we expand regional and local infrastructure,
- we develop new technologies,
- we support education of future staff, especially engineers.
The ENEA Group Development Strategy until 2030 with an outlook to 2035 plans numerous initiatives aimed to develop new technologies. The structure of our ecosystem of innovation is based on the ENEA Group Innovation Policy.
In 2019, we performed the following research and development programs potentially significant for the economy:
- Electric Mobility Development Program,
E-Van – a project performed together with Energa Operator, PGE Dystrybucja and TAURON, aiming to develop an innovative, zero-emission van,
- Innovative system services of energy warehouses increasing the quality and efficiency of using electricity,,
iDistributedPV – an international project, whose aim was to develop inexpensive solutions making it possible to integrate effectively dispersed photovoltaic installations,
A pilot project for reducing power losses in used and newly installed MV/LV transformer through the application of an algorithm of optimizing the selection of a transformer to the conditions of the station’s actual load by relocating units, taking into account the environmental impact – performed jointly with the Poznań University of Technology and already completed,
New 2019System of power and energy balancing and monitoring quality of electricity supply of dispersed energy sources and storage facilities (MoBiSys) – performed in cooperation with the AGH University of Science and Technology,
New 2019A flexible system of increasing competences of employees of technical services using virtual reality technology – performed jointly with the Poznań University of Technology and the Poznań University of Economics and Business.
In addition, in 2019, among others:
- The ENEA Group, Poczta Polska [Polish Postal Service] and Kolejowe Zakłady Łączności executed a letter of intent on sharing experience and joint implementation of electromobility projects,
- ENEA S.A. and Electric Power Research Institute started cooperation with respect to research projects concerning energy storage and distributed generation,
- ENEA Operator continued development of IT tools, among others, to support grid management.
Significance of the ENEA Group for regional and local development
Increasing connection capacity by us makes it possible for regions and local communities to develop, among others, facilitating the acquisition of investors by local governments. Expansion and modernization of electrical grids makes it possible to improve the spatial development of cities, towns, townships and regions, allows for connecting RES installations and develop energy clusters. We also exert influence on the life of local communities by creating jobs (as an example, ENEA Połaniec Power Plant is the key employer in the Staszów region) and paying taxes and charges to local government’s budgets.
In 2019, the following events, among others, took place:
- completion by ENEA Operator of a thorough reconstruction of a 110 kV line (Morzyczyn – Drawski Młyn), which has significantly improved energy security and connection possibilities in Zachodniopomorskie, Lubuskie and Wielkopolskie Voivodships,
- official acknowledgement of cooperation between ENEA Wytwarzanie and the township of Jedlińsk in the scope of investment into RES,
- launching by ENEA S.A. of a charging station for electric vehicles in Szczecin and Poznań.